The history of our firm began in 1946 with the founding of the “Elektrotechnische Fabrik Schnefuß KG” in Bleckede by the graduate engineer Oskar Schneefuß. Just a few years later, Oskar Schneefuß decided to focus on high-voltage leakage field transformers – and the firm’s future direction was decided.
In 1978, the company began to manufacture multiple components according to specific customer requirements, while transformer development entered into many commercial areas. Manufacturing capacity was therefore expanded accordingly. In 1981 the administrative buildings were enlarged. The company celebrated its 50th anniversary in 1996 and turned 70 in 2016.
Over the following years, products were developed continuously and several new production lines were opened especially for railway, wind power and other industrial sectors.
2003 marked an important milestone which strengthened and expanded the growth of our company: the acquisition of the company Rohde. Rohde was a leading specialist in the manufacturing of large transformers as well as in ship and marine technology. The manufacturing facilities have been extended in 2006. In 2015, we became part of the Schwa-Medico Group, which joined together with the Tech Power Electronics Group a year later.
This merger enables us to respond more efficiently to the growing economy and market-specific developments, as well as offer perfected solutions to customers.